Caring For Your Pillows
You wash your pillowcases, but what about the actual pillow? Dust, skin, sweat and dirt can build up inside your pillow, too. UMi Home Goods pillows are designed to be laundered at home — no dry cleaning required.
When to Wash
We recommend laundering your pillow every 4 months, even if it appears clean. If you have allergies, wash every 2 months or more often as needed.
How to Wash
- Remove the exterior cover before washing
- Select Cold or Warm on a regular cycle (not delicate)
- Use any detergent
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach
- Use extra spin cycles to lessen drying time
For Top Loading Machines
- Place 2 pillows in the washer to balance. If you’re only washing 1 pillow, you can balance with towels.
For Front Loading Machines
- Wash your pillows with a full load of laundry.
How to Dry
- Tumble dry with high heat
- Don’t use dryer balls or fabric softener — they can damage the filling and liner materials
- Do not worry about over-drying. Nobody likes a damp pillow!